EUI Peer review in Kalisz
Three cities have had their Sustainable Urban Development strategy reviewed during this event: the Kalisko-Ostrowska Agglomeration (Poland), the Municipality of Pleszew (Poland) and the Municipality of Pula (Croatia). The review has been led by peers, i.e., urban practitioners from across Europe, who shared their experiences on Sustainable Urban Development.
Through a series of interactive sessions, cities under review and peers have built their capacities on:
- Ensuring continuous stakeholder engagement, from strategy design to implementation and evaluation.
- Improving the cross-sectoral cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
- Attracting other sources of financing (Public Private Partnerships, private sector)
- Monitoring a strategy with correct and objective indicators.
- Ensuring that the strategy contributes to the attractiveness of the territory.
In total, 20 cities across Europe participated in this event and shared experiences these specific challenges related to the design and implementation of Sustainable Urban Development strategies.
Interested in what happened? Please view the presentations from the two days and the site visits and browse the photo library here.