Delivering high quality community-led local development in urban areas
EUI delivered a capacity building event dedicated to community-led local development (CLLD) in urban areas in Timisoara, Romania. This event reunited more than 55 participants from urban authorities, managing authorities and intermediate bodies, as well as from local action groups (LAGs).
If you are interested in CLLD, you will find more information on the contents in the agenda.
The objective of the event was to increase the capacity of urban authorities and stakeholders to deliver high quality CLLD in urban areas through EU Cohesion policy for the 2021-27 period, and more precisely:
- To inspire participants about the use of bottom-up delivery mechanisms for urban areas;
- To build a shared understanding of how urban CLLD can be delivered in practice;
- To enable people active in delivering urban CLLD to meet and exchange experience;
- To build the capacity of those in the CLLD delivery chain to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of implementation of local strategies;
- To start the process of supporting a community of practice of the key actors in the delivery chain of urban CLLD so that knowledge can be exchanged and shared on an ongoing basis.
The 2.5 day dynamic and interactive event included plenary sessions, tailored workshops, stands and study visits.
Event participation was open to urban authorities, managing authorities and active members of urban CLLD local action groups (LAGs) from the following countries: Greece, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, Germany.
Venue: Atlas Hotel
Located in the central area of Timisoara, just across the road from St. George’s Square, Atlas Hotel is located at km. 0 of Timișoara, in just a few minutes you can reach the most popular areas such as Union Square, Liberty Square and Opera square.