In accordance with the Financial Regulation , applicants may be excluded from the grant award procedure if the MUA or persons having powers of representation, decision-making or control within the MUA, or persons who are essential for the implementation of the project are in one or more of the following exclusion situations:
- bankruptcy, insolvency or winding-up procedures,
- breach of obligations relating to the payment of taxes or social security contributions,
- grave professional misconduct, including misrepresentation,
- conduct related to a criminal organisation,
- money laundering or terrorist financing,
- terrorist offences or offences linked to terrorist activities,
- child labour and other trafficking in human beings,
- creating or being a shell company.
During the application process, all applicants must submit with the Application Form a declaration confirming that the MUA and the Project Partners do not fall under one of the exclusion criteria above mentioned.
This declaration is included in the Confirmation Sheet attached to the Application Form in the EEP. Please note that the Confirmation Sheet must be duly signed by the MUA’s legal representative for the application to be considered eligible during the Eligibility Check.
During the selection procedure and prior to the final decision of the Selection Committee on the grant award, the Permanent Secretariat checks applicants in the Early Detection and Exclusion System (EDES), the system established by the European Commission to reinforce the protection of the Union's financial interests and to ensure sound financial management. If a MUA is detected in the EDES, the Permanent Secretariat notifies the applicant, who has then the opportunity to present a defence before the final decision of the Selection Committee, in compliance with the principle of proportionality.